- Where does the information on this website come from?
All images and booking data on www.mugshotsgainesville.com are imported via complex utilities from the Alachua County jail’s inmate website. This site is not affiliated with the Alachua County jail. All imports are of publicly available data.
- How long do you keep the mug shots and records on this site?
All data related to the mug shots on this web site are set to auto delete 90 days after the booking date. This setting is subject to change and the FAQ will be updated if a change is made.
- How often are new records imported on this site?
Typically, the import process runs every two hours. Some records with missing data at the time of last import may be skipped and imported at a later time when all necessary information is made available on the Alachua County jail’s website.
- What are the primary differences between www.mugshotsgainesville.com and the Alachua County jail’s inmate website?
For the most part, all data and related image for each booking are the same as we do our very best to import all data accurately. The primary difference between www.mugshotsgainesville.com and the Alachua County jail’s inmate website is that www.mugshotsgainesville.com displays booking information in a graphical manner, making it easier for you to spot someone you may know who has been recently arrested. We also offer a more options for searching and sorting booking records.
- Why can’t I find a specific arrest record on this site?
While we do our best to retrieve all records from the Alachua County jail’s inmate website, there are times when critical data elements needed to import the record are not made available. When this occurs, the record is typically skipped. Should the information become available at a later date, the record is usually imported then.
- Can I assume the parties shown on this website are guilty?
No! Unless a specific record indicates otherwise, all parties represented in the mug shots arrest booking section of this site are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Will the records of minors be displayed on this website?
If a specific record for a minor/juvenile is made available on the Alachua County jail’s inmate website, then that data will typically be made available on this website as well. In most cases, arrest information for juveniles is not made available for public consumption.
- Will a record be removed from this website if the party is found innocent and/or the charges are dismissed for any other reason?
With exception to records skipped at the time of import for missing data or another usually technical reason, www.mugshotsgainesville.com is for the most part a replication of the records provided on the Alachua County jail’s inmate site. Booking information will remain as a record of arrest and/or processing at the jail. All records found on the site will remain as imported for the duration of time stated in the “How long do you keep the mug shots and records?” section of this FAQ.
- Do you have a print publication with the information found on this website?
No. However, from time to time we may elect to make available certain promotions for this website and/or booking data highlights in our print publications.